An institution that provides assistance for adults is adult protective services. This institution acts independently of income level. When APS is called, law enforcement and similar institutions are also contacted.
Adult Protective Services
One of the social aids offered to US citizens is adult protective services. This service is fully compulsory and is provided by local social services. Assistance comes into play when adults aged 18 to 59 are abused. These people cannot protect themselves from material and moral harm. The terms also apply to those over 60 and people with disabilities.
What is Adult Protective Services (APS)?
The adult protection services bureau does business in many areas. The bureau oversees all state welfare programs. Provides technical support to units and enforces initiatives. Citizens living in a vulnerable way in society are protected by APS. Therefore, adult protective services are of vital importance.
What is Adult Protective Services Abuse and Neglect?
APS’s area of responsibility is adult neglect and abuse. Employees conduct research and assessment if adults are exposed to one of these. Accordingly, the services provided by adult protective services are given below.
- Safety monitoring
- Link to other services, such as health and mental health
- Assistance in obtaining benefits
- Informal money management
- To appointment as a representative payee
- To petitioning a court for appointment as a guardian
The services listed above can be either direct or by referral. You can call your local APS office to report elder and adult abuse.
What are the Responsibilities of Texas Adult Protective Services?
Texas Adult Protective Services’ mission is to prevent and stop abuse. In this regard, the institution provides a protective service for adults. Neglect and abuse of the elderly, disabled and adults show some signs. Chief among these are signs of physical violence such as scratches and bruises. Lack of access to water, electricity and medical care is neglect. This is where Texas Adult Protective Services comes into play. The main responsibilities of the institution can be listed as follows.
- Examining reports of abuse, neglect and exploitation for adults.
- To provide services while these individuals continue to live in the community.
- To raise awareness of the society on the prevention of abuse and neglect.
- Providing shelter, medical attendance, transportation, home repairs, meals and similar assistance. (These benefits are short-term.)
Yeni yazılarımızdan hemen haberdar olmak için kayıt olun.